Being an adult is hard. Being an adult with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is harder… much harder.
At Nightingale Counselling, we know something critically important about ADHD: it is not primarily about attention or hyperactivity. It is not about intelligence or performance in school or in professional life. It is about how much of your personal resources it takes to achieve that performance.
If you are an adult (over the age of 18) and you have persistent difficulties in the following areas that have not responded to lifestyle changes and other therapies, please contact us for a free consultation.
- A life motivated by difficult feelings: anxiety, dread, and stress
- Difficult relationship to time: always late OR absolutely never late
- Extreme sensitivity to rejection, criticism, or condescension at home or at work
- Extreme sensitivity to touch and sound
- Persistent fatigue
- Difficult relationship with boredom and stillness
- The feeling that certain mundane tasks are impossible to complete
ADHD is not an illness or a condition or a syndrome. It is a way that some of us connect to and interact with the world. And though it’s not an illness, it can pose some very real difficulties. At Nightingale Counselling we have developed a multimodal approach that works with clients in the following domains:
- Diagnosis and medication
- Romantic, work, familial, and friend relationships
- Work and school
- Relationship to time
- Behavioural and emotional regulation
Working with the feelings of oppositionalism: anger, frustration, bitterness, spitefulness
If the descriptive language we’ve used here resonates with you, an introductory consultation is easy to book and 100% free. We are currently seeing clients in person, in one of our three locations in Vancouver and Squamish, and online.
Our Clinical Counsellors begin by building a relationship with you to understand who you are, where you’ve come from, and where you’re going. And if you do need a diagnosis they will guide you in that process and then be there for you afterwards — because this is only the beginning.
47 total views, 3 views today